Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Duck Pond

Come with me, my friend, I have somewhere I want to show you. It’s a place where I love to sit and think, to lie on the ground in the warm sun, to study, to play, to observe nature, and to talk with God. It’s a place where it’s hard to be angry, and where there are plenty of animals to keep me company.
Do you see all the bright yellow dandelions dotting our path? I guess they forgot it is fall. Look at the flaming blue sky, with those lovely wisps of clouds. Feel the soft crunch of crisp, brown, maple leaves under our feet, and the loud snap of the stubborn oak leaves being trodden on. Here, let's pick these old dandelions and blow their seeds to the wind, it’s so much fun! And look at that Red-Headed Woodpecker in the Oak tree. I don’t think he likes us, he certainly doesn’t sound very happy! And oh, how I love cold breezes blowing on my face. They smell so fresh. See that Junco flitting across our path? It is so cute!
Now, we are almost there. See that pond? That is our destination. Ah, it looks like the ducks have left the water for a few minutes to feast on tiny acorns. They won't forsake the water for more than five minutes, though. Oh, no. They are too devout swimmers for that. Even now they are filing back into the water. Look! About one-third of the pond is iced over. Oh, this is hilarious! Two of the ducks are going ice-skating!  Not intentionally, of course. And they don’t seem to be enjoying themselves too much, either. Poor things!
Finally, all the ducks are reunited in the water. They quack out their joy. Here, sit down on the grass, and lets watch them, for they have started diving, and it will be lots of fun.
Thank you for coming with me to my Duck Pond, and letting me share what I enjoy so much. And thank you to Jesus, who has made all these things for our  pleasure.

No comments: