Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Who Am I

        See if you can guess what animal these paragraphs speaks of.
       
Hi! Welcome to the woods, and welcome to my rock den. Actually, this is not my main den, only one of my several auxiliary, or shelter, dens. My three kittens, which were born in Mid-June, are in the main den. Now that they are two months old they are beginning to eat solid foods. So here I am trying to catch them a Mouse or Rabbit, or whatever will come in my reach.
I am about three feet long, and two feet high. I am usually yellow brown, with a short, heavily spotted, coat. I have short tufts on my pointed, upright ears, and my tail is short with a black tip. My family lives in Southern Canada, Central and Western USA, and throughout Northern Mexico.
 Well, I guess I better keep on a-huntin’. Can you guess who I am?




2 comments:

Hope Montana said...

A bobcat? I love your blog by the way! :) How can I join?

Emerald said...

Yep, you're right!
Join by clicking follow up in the top left-hand corner.